The main purpose of AB series electric actuators is to control pipeline valves. Other ways of using this series of electric drives are also possible, by prior agreement with the manufacturer. These drives are used in oil, gas, chemical and other industries.
AB series electric actuators are produced in the following types:
- multi-turn electric actuators;
- multi-turn electric actuators with bevel gear transmission;
- multi-turn electric drives with cylindrical gear transmission;
- quarter-turn electric drives;
- lever electric drives;
- linear actuators.
Schiebel AB series electric actuators operate in the following modes:
- “Regulation” mode;
- Open / close mode;
- “Regulation” mode with combined “open / close” capability.
AB series actuators are supplied in general industrial or explosion-proof versions, in accordance with international and national standards, certificates of conformity and approvals for use in hazardous areas.
- All actuators in this series are divided into the following categories depending on the version:
- AB – operating in the “open-close” mode (for shut-off valves) in general industrial design;
- rАВ – operating in the “regulation” mode (for control valves) in general industrial design;
- exАВ – operating in the “open-close” mode (for shut-off valves) in explosion-proof design;
- exrАВ – operating in the “regulation” mode (for control valves) in explosion-proof design.