Solving the issue of wastewater disposal is an important part of the construction of any residential, industrial or commercial facility. This issue is especially acute for the owners of shopping and entertainment centers and offices, and for the owners of private country cottages, as well as for residents of multi-story buildings. At the same time, today, when arranging sewerage systems, the so-called gravity sewerage is still very often used. The principle of operation of such a sewage system is based on the selection of a certain slope when laying sewer pipelines, when the drains move to the sump using natural gravity.
However, in some cases, the density of urban development, the complexity of the relief and many factors do not always allow for the gravity movement of sewer or storm drains. The solution to these problems is the use of special wells equipped with pumping equipment. Most often, such wells are called sewage pumping stations or SPS.
Sewage pumping stations are designed for efficient pumping of wastewater (storm water, domestic, industrial) in cases where their gravity flow into treatment facilities or collectors is impossible or difficult.
The choice of a sewage pumping station
Despite the apparent simplicity, when choosing a SPS, several important points must be taken into account:
• Pumping equipment should be duplicated;
• For sewage, it is necessary to use pumps with a cutting edge;
• The capacity of the bottom of the sewage pumping station must ensure the ability to operate the pumping equipment for a long time. This is necessary to reduce the number of pump on-off cycles, which, in turn, has a positive effect on the operating period, and also provides an emergency reserve in the event of a waste liquid entering in a volume exceeding the calculated amount;
• Like other sewer wells, the sewage pumping station must be equipped with ventilation;
• When choosing a pump, it is necessary to remember about the length of the route, the difference in heights, possible freezing and other features of the facility.
Choosing a solution for a pump station
Structurally, sewage pumping stations can be performed on the basis of a collection well or in a single casing made of reinforced fiberglass. Each solution has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Sewage pumping stations made of fiberglass reinforced plastic are manufactured based on the individual requirements of the customer. This allows the required outer diameter and height of the well to be met with millimeter accuracy.
In addition, some manufacturers offer their customers complex SPS, which are not assembled from separate elements, but are completely factory-made products.
The choice of a suitable solution depends on the wishes of the customer, the characteristics of the object and other nuances.
Algorithm for creating a pumping station
The first stage in the creation of a sewage pumping station is the formation of a technical requirement specification drawn up on the basis of project documentation and the wishes of the customer. It defines the basic requirements for the future system, lists the tools for additional equipment of the station, etc. When designing the sewage pumping station, the features of the landscape, operating modes, type and volume of pumped wastewater are taken into account.
At the second stage, the design of the pump station is carried out, the case is manufactured, the pumps, components and necessary control systems are installed. The correct selection of pumping units is very important, since in the event of an error in the calculations, the service life of the sewage pumping station can be significantly reduced.
The third stage in the task of creating a durable and reliable SPS is installation, installation supervision and commissioning. Our practice shows that any work on the installation of pumping stations should be carried out exclusively by qualified specialists. Only this can become a guarantee of trouble-free service of the station and ensure long-term operation of the entire system.
After installation, the quality of the station is checked and launched as part of the external sewer network.
Additional equipment of the pumping station
It must be understood that a pumping station includes not only a casing and pumps, but also a number of related elements, such as:
• Automation, which includes a control panel, level control floats, an alarm, and, if necessary, an SMS notification system;
• System for fixing and dismantling pumps;
• Pressure pipelines with non-return valves, shut-off valves, etc .;
• Ground part of the station in the form of a cast-iron hatch or a separate structure.
By combining these elements, our company has the ability to produce sewage pumping systems of any type that will optimally meet the needs of customers.
Maintenance of sewage pumping stations
Any type of work must be performed by special trained personnel or the supplier of the system. Only this condition will allow avoiding difficulties during maintenance and ensuring minimal downtime of the system.